What are the benefits of EZ-GO?
The app improves performance in many areas:
- Safety: Reduces the risk of accidents and near misses, and makes people more willing to report and tackle dangerous situations
- Quality: Reduces the risk of market quality incidents, recalls, guarantee claims, external complaints, internal rejection
- Production-line efficiency: Reduces the number of planned and unplanned stoppages
- Wastage: Makes materials and finished products less likely to require changes or be rejected
- Training: Simpler and faster training of new employees
- Employee productivity: Spend less time on administration of checklists and internal audits
- Lightens the workload of specialist technicians, so they can focus on more complex preventive maintenance and troubleshooting
- Makes your factory a more attractive workplace for new and existing employees
How is EZ-GO different from other mobile factory solutions?
Whereas other providers focus mainly on digitising checklists and visual work instructions, the EZ-GO app from EZ Factory goes further. Its task generator can schedule cleaning, inspection, lubrication and other autonomous maintenance jobs at fixed intervals. It also helps you to perform safety, quality, 5S and other audits, and allows operators to report issues and improvements to the relevant people and departments.
EZ-GO has four other important USPs:
- The app has been developed by and for factory employees. They are the central starting point in determining what it does and how it works.
- It’s very visual, with a strong emphasis on photos and videos. Images say more than words, and are more effective in ensuring that people comply with standards.
- It’s extremely user friendly, and requires hardly any training, so you can concentrate on explaining why you want to work with it.
- It standardizes tasks and ensures they’re carried out promptly and efficiently.
Can you use EZ-GO to train factory workers?
Yes, the EZ-GO app makes it possible to train operators in a real-life environment with machines on the factory floor rather than in a lecture room. The app is an addition to existing learning and development systems, and lets you create a separate area in which training material and other instructions are available in an easy-to-find visual format. You can also test new and existing operators on their skills using the checklist or audit functionality, and forward the completed training as well a include it in employment contracts.
How does it differ from content tools such as SharePoint?
Unlike content and documentation management solutions, EZ-GO lets you continuously store, share and manage valuable knowledge and make it available in real time on the shop floor, where you need it. After all, training is most effective when it’s carried out in the right place at the right time.
How quickly does EZ-GO pay for itself?
Based on business cases made by our customers, the app returns your investment between 5 and 15 times, year after year.
We can help you to draw up a business case in which the financial benefits are clearly mapped out. In an average-sized food factory, for example, the EZ-GO app will quickly pay for itself in the following ways:
- 4 minutes downtime reduction per shift per line – 0.40% OEE
- 6 kg waste reduction per shift per line – 0.06% material
- 5 minute productivity increase per shift per user – 0.3% work time
What do users think of EZ-GO?
We regularly ask our customers whether they’re satisfied with the app, and how it could be improved. We call this our Key Happiness Indicator, and it’s very important: if they’re satisfied, they’ll use it to the full and see their performance improve.
In surveys, users give us an average rating of 8.8 out of 10. It’s appreciated by younger employees, who are already used to working digitally and tend not to use paper very much, while the older guard like the ability to share their knowledge and leave something behind for the next generation.